Monday, December 5, 2016

Be you


Apparently, to me, summer means summer break from my blog. I’m not sure if it’s the long days or my busy calendar that keeps me away, but I’m happily back at it. I hope you find your way back, too!


I had these photos taken earlier this year by an old acquaintance, and, now, new photographer friend. When I needed someone to take photos, she sweetly volunteered. But little did I know, how amazing her talent is and how much fun we would have! Her name is Sara Cox and she’s a Northwest Ohio based photographer who specializes in family portraits and loves snapping babies. Take a look at her Facebook Page for her portfolio, which is sure to melt your heart.

As I looked at these photos when I was preparing a new blog post, I hesitated. I was second guessing this outfit. And maaaybe feeling nervous about returning to the blog. I loved this skirt when I found it at an estate sale. But is it too bright? The pattern too youthful? Is this not stylish? In this time, when normcore is a thing and the 90s grunge and minimalism styles are reigning, is this “cool”?

Then I laughed at myself. “Really, Kate?” I thought to myself. “This skirt is awesome! And if I love it, then I’m going to rock it!”

So here it is, friends. And I tell you this little tale to inspire you to rock what you love. Who the hell cares what’s “cool”? Let your style be unique to you, not just to today’s trends or what your friends are wearing. Don’t be afraid to wear that vintage leopard print coat, the hot pink pump, the funky-patterned dress or the bold whatever. It’s not too much. With the right styling, it’s just enough. And it’s what sets you apart from the rest. In this world, where “normal” is “cool,” be outstanding. Be you.

And just like that, the blog is back.



The Details
Skirt: Mint Green, past season, similar here, here and here
Shoes: Delicious, past season, similar here and here
Clutch: Apt. 9, past season, similar here
Earrings: Charlotte Russe, similar here and here
Bangles: Charlotte Russe, past season, similar here 


No comments :

Post a Comment