Thursday, September 19, 2013

In Celebration of Ariel


While accessorizing this sea foam skater dress from Akira in Chicago, my friend & photographer Gina and I realized the look reminded us of The Little Mermaid's Ariel. Coincidentally, the Disney classic is being re-released on October 1, 2013!

With this dress, I knew I wanted to wear my beloved metal skinny belt from a previous post.  When looking for a matching lilac statement necklace, I looked no further than Charming Charlie at Westfield Franklin Park Mall.  With their plethora of colors all organized in sections, I knew I'd find something just right.  The lilac accessories and color of the dress begged to be paired with this seashell purse I found at a local estate sale. I have been waiting to wear this whimsical accessory and this was the perfect time!

The locations we found for our shoot were just as appropriate.  We ended up down by the sea Maumee River and the sky seemed to reflect the outfit's colors.  The background of the last shot reminds me of a colonial building, perhaps Eric's town.

It seems all I need is a dinglehopper or a thingamabob.
 
  

The Details
Dress: Akira, sold out, similar here and here
Belt: Go Jane, sold out, similar here
Necklace & Earrings: Charming Charlie
Bracelets: Premier Designs
Shoes: Delicious, past season, similar here
Seashell Purse: Thrifted from an estate sale

Thanks to Gina of beatbeatheartbeat.com for the pictures, style direction and laughs

No comments :

Post a Comment