Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hello, 2014: A Holiday Recap

My holidays were filled with love, laughter and cocktails, as I hope yours were too! They were so much fun that I took an unplanned break from blogging to enjoy my family and friends and relax. But now I’m back to blogging and so excited to share with you!

At this time of year, I have more chances to dress up, don fancy jewelry and try something a bit more daring. So here’s a brief recap of what I've been up to – and what I've worn – over the past several weeks.





The Details
Black and white newsboy cap (in Chicago): Thrifted, similar here and here
Houndstooth scarf (in Chicago): Forever 21, sold out, similar here and here
Red coat (in Chicago): Thrifted, similar here and here
Gold and black rhinestone statement necklace (at Villhauer’s Holiday Party and New Year's Eve): Charlotte Russe $12.99
Leopard print clutch (at Villhauer’s Holiday Party): The Limited, sold out, similar here 
Cobalt blue moto jacket: Forever 21, past season, similar here and here
Black moto jacket: Wholesale-Dress.net, past season, similar here and here


Friendsgiving
Carlton and I hosted our first (hopefully annual) Friendsgiving, a celebration of friends, food and football! We invited a bunch of our friends to bring a dish and join us for a Thanksgiving dinner the weekend before the holiday. It was a blast! I received so many “Thank yous” and “That was so much funs” from those who came, but I’m so thankful for our guests and how they wholeheartedly embraced the idea! We plan on having it again next year!

Corrin’s Whoville Party
My friend Corrin has hosted a Christmas party for at least as long as we've been friends, which has been over five years, and every year she goes all out. As always, we enjoyed a giant spread of snacks, gift exchange, Christmas music and random, hilarious conversation with an awesome group of ladies. This year’s theme was Whoville from The Grinch Stole Christmas and our wonderful host dressed as Martha May Whovier, complete with a glittery top hat and bountiful bosom! :)

Villhauer’s Holiday Party
To our friends Ryan and Ashley’s annual holiday party, I didn't know what to wear. But I had picked up this super flattering little black dress at Savers a few weeks earlier and thought I’d dress it up with fantastic accessories. So I found a black and gold rhinestone statement necklace at Charlotte Russe and paired it with my new leopard print clutch from The Limited. It’s so easy to transform a simple LBD into something more daring with dazzling accessories. I was happy with the result and had a great time at the party!

Ashley’s Surprise Birthday Party
I had such a fun time helping put together and celebrating at my friend Ashley’s surprise birthday party! We started the celebration that afternoon with a wine tour and kept the wine theme going that night at the Blarney Bullpen. To it I wore a silky cobalt moto jacket with a gray tunic T-shirt and black skinny jeans.
   
New Year’s Eve
We aimed to make this the Best New Year’s Eve Ever and (so far) I think we succeeded. I had a blast. We started the night with “nothing to wear” and not much of a plan. I surprisingly resisted buying another party dress and instead opted for a slinky taupe dress by Marc New York that I got a few years ago in NYC and that same statement necklace from Charlotte Russe.  To stay warm in the below-zero temperatures, I threw on my black studded moto jacket and fleece lined stockings.  Have you tried fleece lined stockings?  They are amazing.  Mine from Claire’s are so comfortable and warm!  I finished my look with L’Oreal’s “Infinite Fuchsia” lip color and my usual dramatic eye makeup.

We rang in the New Year with beloved friends and champagne and completed the celebration with late night euchre and Wi bowling. Best NYE Yet!

Now, hello 2014! I'm looking forward to a fantastic, and fashionable, new year!

No comments :

Post a Comment