Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring Forward in a Green Vest



Last weekend I was actually able to leave the house without a coat! Today? Not so much. While I wholeheartedly welcome the thaw of winter, it brings a roller coaster of weather that often leaves me to wonder, what can I wear today? Thankfully, there are some pieces that help with the seasons' transition: vests, light jackets, booties and cotton scarves are a few.


This army green vest is perfect to add some warmth without committing to a coat. The casual color is muted, but green still means spring and it goes with just about anything. I wore it with a three-quarter length sleeve turtleneck and high-heeled lace-up boots. It’s outdoorsy, but urban. The hand-tooled leather bag adds a sentimental touch. It's from a trip my grandfather took to Mexico before I was born.

The formula for this spring-worthy outfit is easy: layer an army green vest over a light knit sweater, throw on your skinny jeans, step into some short boots and add your favorite coordinating accessories. As we move into spring I’ll present some other ideas of what to wear for the season’s wavering weather. What are your suggestions?


Photos courtesy of Patty Gelb

The Details
Vest: Secondhand from a friend, similar here and here
Turtleneck: Candie's from Kohl's, past season, similar here
Skinny jeans: Candie's from Kohl's, sold out, similar here
Boots: Payless, past season, similar here
Bag: Hecho en Mexico, from a trip my grandfather took 
Gold bangles: Unknown, similar here
Ivory studded bracelet: Forever 21, past season, similar here
Wood bangle: Unknown, similar (in Sylvania) here 


Thank you for reading! Please share: What transitional pieces are you planning to wear this spring?

No comments :

Post a Comment