Thursday, January 29, 2015

Talk is Cheap


It’s fun to make a statement through fashion and this outfit does that literally – “Talk is cheap.” 

The sharp message on this pretty mint sweater struck me while browsing Forever 21. I’m a fan of the sentiment. Ideally, I believe people should remain true to their word, although I know too often the messy real world, or in my case, hormones, hangovers and unpredictable people, can make it hard. So this cheeky sweater is a reminder, to myself and others, to value your word and those to whom you give it.

To achieve the high-low style, I layered this over a white shirt and topped with a gorgeous mint and fuchsia statement necklace for the high-end preppy feel, then I chose light distressed skinny jeans to add the casual and cool vibe. The outfit was complete with black accessories, as so many outfits are, that complemented the black text on the sweater. 

Because of the versatility of high-low style (combining high-fashion, tailored items with more casual, everyday pieces for a somewhat edgy and effortless look, like a blazer over an unzipped hoodie) this outfit is appropriate for brunch with the girls or a night out. 

Tell me, what do you think of this look? Would you wear a cheeky statement-making sweater?  

  

The Details
"Talk is Cheap" sweater: Forever 21 
White shirt: French Dressing Jeans
Necklace: Golden Sand Jewels, sold out, same one here
Jeans: Aeropostale, last season, similar here and here
Shoes: Steve Madden

No comments :

Post a Comment