Sunday, March 4, 2012

Teresa Rosati Fall 2012: Prim & Party

Teresa Rosati's diverse collection of formal dresses is a little prim and a little party.  The internationally renowned Polish designer showed her latest assembly of cocktail and evening dresses at Nolcha Fashion Week, which I had the pleasure of attending in February.  The opening number was a short champagne-colored dress with a bubble skirt adorned with a single black lace sleeve.  Paired with a glass of champagne, this tasteful dress is just right for a cocktail party.  With the next look, the party style changed dramatically.  The embellished padded shoulders and metallic fabric remind me of a 1980s music video with a synthesized beat and too much fog, but in a fun, throwback way.

The third dress further mixes moods by pairing bronze brocade with purple sequins, while the last dress combines the current trend of photographic prints with old Hollywood.  This show-stopping gown, covered with black and white pictures of Marilyn Monroe, garnered oohs and ahhs from the audience.  While I'm loving the fun print, I can't imagine where I'd wear it to in my midwest home.  However, Molly Sims wore a similar dress by Dolce & Gabbana to the 2009 Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards in New York City.  I can also picture it on Katy Perry, Lindsay Lohan or Rihanna.   Another trendy showstopper is the sheer teal gown with pleats and a collar embellished with feathers and shiny appliques.  Sheer fabric, especially skirts, are very popular at the moment.

One of my favorite pieces of Rosati's collection is the dress with a pale rose skirt and intricate black floral single-sleeved bodice.  I'm probably drawn to its full tulle skirt and shimmering lace because of its resemblance to a ballerina.  The flowing red gown with a deep v-neck, embellished waist and high slit is also a darling.  Notice it's decorated zipper along the nude back.  Of all the details I adore these embellishments, the glittering material of the navy and gray dresses and the delicate lace.



Photos courtesy of myself and Teresa Rosati

No comments :

Post a Comment