Thursday, February 28, 2013

From My Guy's Perspective: Oscars 2013 Best Dressed


Guys' perspective on fashion differs greatly from ladies', hence The Man Repeller, but how much so? 
I asked my boyfriend to create a list of his favorite looks from the 2013 Oscars.  Here is Carlton's top 5 in order and surprisingly, our lists share more than a few:
  
Zoe Saldana in Alexis Mabille 
*Also on my list*
Why? The layers in shades of gray along the hem create beautiful lines.  I could do without the embellishments on top or the belt but I applaud Zoe for trying something different.
  
  
Halle Berry in Versace
*Also on my list*
Why?  Speaking of different, this dress is unique, bold and sexy.  Some have called it too "Star Trek" but I think it's wonderful Halle took such a daring risk! 
 
 
Charlize Theron in Christian Dior Haute Couture
*Also on my list*
Why?  She looks stunning.  The simplicity of the dress, its color, the lack of jewelry and her short hair allows her beautiful face to be the most important feature.  The deep V and peplum make this gown trendy, yet classic.  


  Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan
*Also on my list*
Why?  Stacy looks statuesque in this Art Deco-inspired gown.
  

  
Jennifer Hudson in Roberto Cavalli
  

The rest of my best dressed list includes:


Naomi Watts in Armani PrivĂ©
Why?  Naomi helped to design this dress and it fits her perfectly.  I adore the deep silver color and unique cut.
  
  
Jessica Chastain in Armani Privé
Why?  Jessica's red hair is gorgeous with this pale bronze and again, I have a thing for Art Deco patterns... and red heads.
  
   
   
Alicia Vikander In Elie Saab Couture
Why?  Thank you to Alicia for adding some color to the red carpet!  This pale blue Elie Saab gown is gorgeous and I'm thrilled she chose a gold belt to pull in her waist. 
  
  
  
Lily Collins in Zuhair Murad
Photo by Abaca
  While Lily wasn't at the Academy Awards, her appearance at the Vanity Fair Party more than earns her a spot on the best dressed list.  This dress is gorgeous and unique.
Floral lace + Art Deco stripes + lots of shine + open back = Perfection!
  

    Jennifer Lawrence in Calvin Klein Collection
Photo by AP
Why?  I wanted to love her Christian Dior Haute Couture ball gown at the Academy Awards but I just can't.  However, I do like this slinky and shiny silver dress she wore to the Vanity Fair Party!  Ooh la la!  


Kerry Washington in Miu Miu
*Carlton's Runner-Up*
Why?  The unusual color and shimmering embellishments keeps this dress from being too safe.
And we love Olivia Pope!


Who is on your best-dressed list?  Your guy's list?    



Photos by Getty unless otherwise noted

No comments :

Post a Comment