Friday, September 5, 2014

Vintage Floral for a Warm Welcome to Fall


While summer may be winding down, the temperatures in the Midwest are not. I daydream about chocolate riding boots, cozy infinity scarves and my camel wool coat, but I still get to wear summery dresses and open toe sandals. During this confusing transition, I’m preparing my closets for cooler weather, but I kept this fun vintage dress out of summer storage.  While it’s light and airy, the lilac, fuchsia and tan floral print over black is lovely for this time of year.

STYLE TIP: Struggling to pick an outfit as we transition from summer to fall? Try floral prints on black, navy or another dark color. The floral lets you hold onto summer a bit longer, but the dark base is fall-friendly.

This dress is one of my favorite vintage pieces as its polyester blend is clearly from the 70s, but its vibrant colors, mixed patterns and silhouette make it relevant to today’s bohemian style.

I wore it with a dramatic lilac necklace, fuchsia heels and simple black clutch, details that maintained the modern boho feel.




What do you think of this vintage look and fall florals?

 
The Details
Dress: Thrifted, vintage, no label, I recommend eBay, Etsy or your local thrift stores, also similar here and here
Necklace: Charming Charlie, past season, similar here
Belt: GoJane
Clutch: Kenneth Cole, past season, similar here
Shoes: Elle, past season, similar here and here
Gold and black bangles: Unknown, similar here
Gold bracelet: Unknown street artist, similar here





No comments :

Post a Comment