Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oscar Night: All dolled up in Toledo, Ohio

On Oscar night I attended a party hosted by the Norman and Louise Jones Foundation with my boyfriend and his parents.  As an admirer of movies, Hollywood and all things glamorous, I'm surprised to admit that this was my first Oscar Party.  I imagine myself as a hostess of an annual get together but I always find myself on the couch in my PJs.  One day...

But THIS year, I got all dolled up, thanks to Estée Lauder, and celebrated the night with champagne and hors d’ oeuvres.  Of the makeup that came in the massive Estée Lauder kit I received from the Camera-Ready Style contest presented by Vanity Fair I used the Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup foundation in 1 for above my cheekbone and 4 for below.  The lighter shade highlighted my cheekbones and evened out my skin, while the darker shade contoured my cheeks.  This tip, among others, was shared by Estée Lauder's Premier Makeup Artist Blair Patterson during our time together for the Vanity Fair photo shoot.  Then I used Ideal Light Brush-on Illuminator to further disguise under-eye circles.  On my lips I brushed Pure Color lipstick in "Enticing Fuschia," which I topped with Pure Color Shimmer gloss in "Garnet Desire."

Here we are on the red carpet.  Forgive me for the poor pictures.  My camera is taking a hiatus.

[caption id="attachment_745" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Betty, Carlton, myself & Jim"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_741" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Carlton & I"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_743" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Dress, Forever 21; shoes Gianni Binni; necklace & bracelet, vintage"][/caption]



[caption id="attachment_746" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Clutch, MAC makeup case; bracelet & rings, vintage"][/caption]

2 comments :