Monday, October 28, 2013

Mocha Dot Dress


I got this little polka dotted number from Wet Seal a couple years ago on a last minute shopping trip for fashion week. The pleated skirt and belted waist accentuate my hourglass figure, while the long sleeves make it practical for most months in the Midwest. I think the mocha colored dots make this dress especially adorable for fall.



I found the perfect pair of hoop earrings, clutch and pumps to match this dress, all of the same chocolatey hue. While I may not typically select such "matchy matchy" accessories, I like how these details add to the whimsy of the look.

For this dress, my photographer, Gina of beatbeatheartbeat.com, and I looked no further than Black Kite Coffee Company on Collingwood in Toledo, Ohio. We knew their mocha and chocolate chip cookies would pair perfectly with the ensemble. But we didn't expect the live soul music, which put us at ease for our first photo shoot together. The musician sang and played keyboard for the cafe's patrons to the right of our shot.

What do think of the mocha dotted dress and its styling?



The Details
Dress: Past season, Wet Seal
Heels: Past season, Burlington Coat Factory
Clutch: Sold out, Kate Landry at Dillard's
Earrings: Past season, Old Navy


No comments :

Post a Comment