Monday, February 24, 2014

The Coat with No Label & Plaid at Work


The other day a woman followed me into a high end boutique to ask me where I got my beautiful red coat. To her disappointment, I admitted it was from Savers, a thrift store, and it had no label.

“Well it’s beautiful,” she said before she left.

That’s the power of a coat. Especially a bright red coat. With a cinched waist and flared silhouette. It turns heads and invites stares. Statement coats are on trend this season and with this harsh winter they're a must have.

Underneath The Coat, for which I paid $13, I put together a work appropriate outfit with my silk plaid shirt from an estate sale, shown in this previous post. I paired it with a navy pencil skirt, yellow skinny belt and leopard print pumps. I adore the pairing of plaid and leopard – it’s proper, yet feisty! Lastly, I grabbed my on-trend, ladylike satchel from Coach and gold accessories to match its hardware.  

You may have noticed many of my pieces are thrifted. I've found some of my favorite items at thrift stores, estate sales and friends' closets. You might be surprised at the quality and style you can find second hand. Check back here on Wednesday for a few tips on how to thrift shop!

Thanks to my wonderful photographer, Patty Gelb, for these photos!


The Details

Red coat: Thrifted at Savers, similar here and here
Plaid silk shirt: Estate sale, similar here and here
Navy pencil skirt: Rafaella
Gold hoop earrings: Avon, past season, similar here
Yellow belt: Target, past season, similar style from Target here
Leopard print pumps: Guess, past season, similar here
Bag: Coach, past season, similar style from Coach here


Do you like to thrift shop?  Please share your tips and tricks in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment